Site Reliability Engineer
Raleigh, NC, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 17, 2022
Kaleido is growing rapidly and seeking a Site Reliability Engineer with a passion for enterprise blockchain software. The successful candidate will be a highly skilled DevOps Engineer who is also passionate about systems stability, security and operational efficiency. If this describes you and you are able to thrive in a fast paced, high-growth, and dynamic environment, please read on.
- Cloud engineering on latest generation, continuous delivery, 24x7 production infrastructure.
- Develop automation and orchestration capabilities that increase our ability to operate at scale.
- Develop, support, and document automated build and configuration management processes.
- Collaborate and work in a DevOps culture of infrastructure-as-code, where quality pipelines extend from code check-in through to continuous testing in production.
- Optimize security of all operational systems.
- Drive modern DevOps tooling and practices across the team, ensuring swift resolution of production issues and customer support tickets.
- Ensure comprehensive monitoring of all systems, including creation of dashboards for internal team use.
- Participate in delivery of new service offerings, working closely with the development team to deliver best of breed cloud native solutions.
- Analyze application characteristics and behavior, to optimize hardware configuration and performance of operational systems.
- Diagnose problems observed in test/staging/production environments.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in computer science or computer engineering.
- 4+ years of relevant technical experience
- Holds a AWS or Azure Certifications, or has proven knowledge of modern IaaS
- Working experience of DevOps in a global environment
- Experience of Docker orchestration technologies. Kubernetes preferred
- Solid TCP/IP networking experience and understanding
- Experience with tools for automation of deployment, monitoring and management of systems, such as Helm, Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Collaborative and team-centric mentality
- Scripting and systems-related programming skills
- Cloud native monitoring tools, such as Grafana, ELK, Prometheus
What We’re Looking For
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Great communicator, both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail and focus on quality
- Ability to manage multiple, varied activities
- Flexible approach to working, including on-call responsibilities
- Enthusiastic and motivated to drive change through technology
- Experience in early stage startups is a large plus
- Passion for blockchain technologies is a plus
Kaleido is an equal opportunity employer.
See more open positions at Kaleido