Site Reliability Engineer
Kaleido, located in Raleigh NC, is a rapidly growing tech start-up. Kaleido makes blockchain and digital assets radically simple for organizations to adopt so that businesses and society can benefit from decentralized technologies.Our mission is to help enterprises reinvent how their ecosystems share data, collaborate, and transact. Kaleido has been driving blockchain in the enterprise since the technology’s very inception.
At Kaleido, you'll be working on the cutting edge of blockchain and web3 technologies. We are one of the fastest-growing, highest rated tech companies in the blockchain and digital assets space worldwide. Kaleido powers the top blockchain networks and solutions globally and has been featured in WRAL Startup Unicorns, Forbes, CNBC, and many other news outlets. Kaleido received its initial investment from one of the co-founders of Ethereum. Last year the Kaleido team open-sourced its learnings & code from more than a half decade in the blockchain space and is helping drive this major new open source community called Hyperledger FireFly.
Kaleido is growing rapidly and seeking a Site Reliability Engineer with a passion for enterprise blockchain software. The successful candidate will be a highly skilled DevOps Engineer who is also passionate about systems stability, security and operational efficiency. If this describes you and you are able to thrive in a fast paced, high-growth, and dynamic environment, please read on.
- Cloud engineering on latest generation, continuous delivery, 24x7 production infrastructure.
- Develop automation and orchestration capabilities that increase our ability to operate at scale.
- Develop, support, and document automated build and configuration management processes.
- Collaborate and work in a DevOps culture of infrastructure-as-code, where quality pipelines extend from code check-in through to continuous testing in production.
- Optimize security of all operational systems.
- Drive modern DevOps tooling and practices across the team, ensuring swift resolution of production issues and customer support tickets.
- Ensure comprehensive monitoring of all systems, including creation of dashboards for internal team use.
- Participate in delivery of new service offerings, working closely with the development team to deliver best of breed cloud native solutions.
- Analyze application characteristics and behavior, to optimize hardware configuration and performance of operational systems.
- Diagnose problems observed in test/staging/production environments.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in computer science or computer engineering.
- 4+ years of relevant technical experience
- Holds a AWS or Azure Certifications, or has proven knowledge of modern IaaS
- Working experience of DevOps in a global environment
- Experience of Docker orchestration technologies. Kubernetes preferred
- Solid TCP/IP networking experience and understanding
- Experience with tools for automation of deployment, monitoring and management of systems, such as Helm, Chef, Puppet, Ansible
- Collaborative and team-centric mentality
- Scripting and systems-related programming skills
- Cloud native monitoring tools, such as Grafana, ELK, Prometheus
- Blockchain experience is a plus, but not required (we will train you!)
What We’re Looking For
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Great communicator, both written and verbal
- Excellent attention to detail and focus on quality
- Ability to manage multiple, varied activities
- Flexible approach to working, including on-call responsibilities
- Enthusiastic and motivated to drive change through technology
- Experience in early stage startups is a large plus
- Passion for blockchain technologies is a plus