Junior Security and Network Engineer
Our Amazing Team: Spotit
We are a trusted advisor for our clients. We work together with our clients to develop innovative security and network architectures that provide great strategic advantage and insight. We start a journey with every one of our clients and from there build a long-term relationship based on vision, specialized knowledge, dedication, and trust.
What You’ll Do in This Role to Add Value
We are looking for a Security & Network Engineer that will be responsible for making sure that our customers are meeting their objectives. You will be a vital component of our company’s success, working with customers, partners, and fantastic colleagues to deliver success for our valued customers!
In addition, you have the following attributes:
- You are energetic and a self-learner who always keeps the team inspired
- You are down-to-earth, utmost professional but you also like to contribute to the fun factor at the office
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Passion and willingness to learn new technologies
- A creative thinker who can bring new ideas and innovation to the company
- You will work on challenging projects where you implement and optimize for customers in the enterprise market (banks, public transport, pharma sector…).
- Flexibility to work on projects on-site, at the office, or from home. For the network management of customers, you always go one step further.
- Ability to think on a high level along with the customer about the most optimal solution for their infrastructure and business environment. You always start with the customer’s needs.
- You will be the point of contact for the customer and take responsibility for the project. You have the right skills to successfully finish both small as well as large projects, with a strong focus on quality and timing.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment. Spotit’s way of working is a tested methodology where quality is the priority, and the deployment phase runs efficiently and structured.
- Together with colleagues, you like to think proactively about the best solutions for customers.
- You are result-orientated, structured, and strive for long-term solutions.
- You look confident towards customers and together you find a solution to meet the customer’s needs. You stick to your promises and don’t miss deadlines. A proactive approach is essential.
- Bachelor's or comparable experience required; Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems preferred
- Minimum of one year of experience in a similar role
- Experience with Cisco and Palo Alto solutions; certifications a plus!
- Engineers need to have knowledge of both LAN/WAN designs. They should be well-versed with network basics, such as TCP/IP, the OSI model.
- Experience and understanding of network design and troubleshooting specifically as it applies to interoperability of security systems with the network.
- Knowledge of available Information Security resources, common security issues, risks, and mitigation strategies.
- Conversant with network routing, VPN, MPLS, and VRF.
- A great communicator and customer-focused!
Our Awesome Company
At Spotit, we like to think ahead. Let us help you determine and protect what’s valuable to you, so you don’t have to worry about the risks when it comes to cybersecurity and network performance. That’s why our managed IT Services only have one focus: your IT infrastructure. Make sure it’s completely secure, innovative and performing optimally.
Being tech independent, we can advise you how to protect, detect and respond to possible threats, using the best technology the market has to offer. But in the end, our highly talented experienced professionals make the difference. And, to ensure a smooth inflow of fresh experts, we founded our own Spotit Academy. As a multi-certified and trusted advisor, we offer tailor-made, in-depth analysis and best-in-class solutions that match your business needs. That’s how you can always stay one step ahead. If you haven’t heard of us yet, it’s probably because we are just doing our job: protecting what matters most to our clients.
For additional information, please visit www.spotitsecurity.com
Spotit Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.